Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Travel Kite Bags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
russiandangle

Since 28 Jun 2019
21 Posts
Park City, Ut

PostThu Sep 12, 19 7:26 am    Travel Kite Bags Reply with quote

Now that a fair amount of airlines are dropping baggage fees for checked kite gear without the need to disguise stuff, whats a good size bag to get. I am traveling to Cabo in December using alaska and delta, kite gear for 2 people (1 foil set up, 1 board, 3 kites...) debating between the 190cm bag or the 155. I want to have the bag be useful for more travel in the future. The sizes are for the dakine kite bags.

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Sep 12, 19 10:16 am     Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of my RE Tactical Trolley. It's the perfect blend of being big but not too big.

Fits up to 5'1" surfboards too.

I would advise against going bigger and trying to get kit for 2 people in one bag, while the airlines have dropped the "sports equipment" charge they haven't dropped the overweight charge and you'll struggle to keep even the RE Tactical Trolley to 50 lbs.

russiandangle

Since 28 Jun 2019
21 Posts
Park City, Ut

PostThu Sep 12, 19 10:40 am     Reply with quote

Did you find the RE bag to be pretty durable... it is one of the bags I have been considering but saw some mixed reviews on its durability.

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 13, 19 9:46 am     Reply with quote

I've only taken it on one trip so far, Vancouver -> London -> Tenerife -> London -> Vancouver and it was fine.

Hulk

Since 17 Feb 2017
29 Posts
Portland, OR

PostMon Sep 16, 19 4:10 pm     Reply with quote

I have the DaKine 155cm Club Wagon bag, and it's been great. But get what will fit the length of your boards. You're going to hit the 50lbs mark FAST putting two people's worth of gear in one bag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: