Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingshot Pit footstrap track issues!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
SpaceRacer

Since 04 Nov 2007
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed May 01, 13 6:21 pm    Slingshot Pit footstrap track issues! Reply with quote

I have the last generation (2012 or 2011) Slingshot Pit directional with the footstrap track. I ride the board strapped and therefore jump it. As such, the footstrap track bolt-ins keep sliding around. I spoke to Slingshot last year and they sent me these plastic washers which were supposed to help to no avail. I even went as far as cutting out the padding around the washers in hopes that the washers would not slide around to no avail. An old windsurfing engineer told me to put pieces of aluminum can under the bolt-ins to keep the from sliding around to no avail. Other than inserting fixed epoxied bolt-ins into the board, anyone know what to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Paul

K2

Since 30 Apr 2009
274 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostThu May 02, 13 7:20 am     Reply with quote

Hey man give the SS rider hotline a call at 509-427-4950. I think I have another idea that might work.

flipper

Since 17 Oct 2011
320 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu May 02, 13 6:33 pm     Reply with quote

yeah, this is a known design error. Dave from slingshot saw mine at the event site and pulled out some stuff to fix them and they now work great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: