Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rooster season length.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
surfncap

Since 06 Mar 2007
77 Posts
NE

PostThu Sep 29, 11 11:29 pm    Rooster season length. Reply with quote

How long can the Cock really Rock?
I swear approx 4 years ago I was there 1st of nov and theese 3 guys. Came flyn down from D, drysuits backpacks.
So to keep sane soon im limited maybe Floras, occasional coast?
Anyone wanna carpool in my little rig to south Padre, Mex this winter or anywhere? my sched is wide open.
REWARD$ for Mutant oceanrodeo mako king 165

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostFri Sep 30, 11 8:13 am     Reply with quote

It blows all the way through winter, but it's harsh wind and really cold. It's not that you can't do it, it's just kind of demotivating.

mystery curd

Since 14 Jun 2010
98 Posts
Floating

PostFri Sep 30, 11 10:25 am     Reply with quote

I kited rooster last year til about Nov 5th. Was still pretty nice, just started to get demotivating. Packed up the kite gear for the season then and waxed my skis, bought a lift ticknet... There was still plenty of wind available at RR, I'm just a wuss. I don't know about winter on the coast, busy skiing, but from what I understand its harsh, rainy, southerly which means nasty breaks... I would love to find out different though.

undertow

Since 15 Feb 2008
371 Posts
BeaversBurg
Obsessed

PostFri Sep 30, 11 10:57 am     Reply with quote

The Evil Easterly Rooster Winds, are steady and nice at the warm Ponds Smile

Get many sessions, there till the east winds shut off in Feb.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Sep 30, 11 12:40 pm     Reply with quote

Rooster blows Easterly until HR blows Westerly. Very Happy It does get a tad chilly when the water temp is in the 30s and the air temp is below freezing, but not cold enough to stop you from riding. The sessions just get a little shorter. When you notice you can't feel the bar anymore it's time to consider coming in, unless the wind is really good that day! Wink When the beach is covered in ice, it does get a bit sketchy launching and landing. Of course, when your safety freezes up with ice, prudence dictates calling it a day.

I'm still looking for the perfect pair of gloves. It's always my hands that drive me of the water. Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: