Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingstock 2009 and BOTG - THIS WEEKEND in Stevenson
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri Jun 05, 09 9:41 am    Slingstock 2009 and BOTG - THIS WEEKEND in Stevenson Reply with quote

Check out the new site www.slingstockevent.com

This is going to be the first year of the new expanded format for
The Bridge of the Gods Kiteboarding Festival.
The freestyle kiteboarding competition will be very similar to year's past with the addtion of a rocking good time at the Skamania Fairgrounds during off hours.
Wake Winch Jam, Live Music, Photo/Video contest Food, Camping and much more!

Signups are through Active.com
Active is a great management tool for us. You will have create a username and password with Active in order to register. Set your prefernces under your profile just like you do on any other web site. If you have participated in KB4C or the Blowout last year, you should already be an Active member.

Feel free to PM me with any question. There is also a conact me link at www.slingstockevent.com

shymac

Since 20 Jul 2005
919 Posts
Home Valley, Wa.
Bigfoot

PostFri Jun 05, 09 5:23 pm     Reply with quote

Wonder if everyone is ready for this super epic weekend... Shocked

JW

Since 28 Jan 2006
227 Posts
portland
Stoked

PostFri Jun 05, 09 7:01 pm     Reply with quote

what a lame name. Wakeboarding? I thought this was a kiting event . way to break tradition.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri Jun 05, 09 7:42 pm     Reply with quote

As far as the Bridge of the Gods tradition goes there will virtually be no noticable difference. The name has not changed, rather the Slingstock name has been added.

Renee had intentions for many years to expand some of the operations over to the fairgrounds. We made a promise to her when we offered to take the torch to keep the tradition alive. Our hopes are to carry out her dreams.

If you are not into the expanded format, just show up as you have throughout the years to the kite launch and you will not be affected by the "Slingstock" vibe at the fairgrounds.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostSat Jun 06, 09 1:23 am     Reply with quote

so there is no more bridge of the gods? Now its slingstock?

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostSat Jun 06, 09 5:15 am    farm animals Reply with quote

...With fairgrounds and stock in-the-mix, are there gonna be any of these?

Slingstockin.jpg 

Last edited by 4Stringer/KipWinger on Sat Jun 06, 09 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostSat Jun 06, 09 7:06 am     Reply with quote

Quit yer bitchin' because it could be worse, there could be no event at all. This event will kick ass as always... It's always been Slingshot's event as they have always paid for it.

gorgebob

Since 25 Jun 2007
259 Posts
Portland, OR
Shop Owner

PostSat Jun 06, 09 7:21 am     Reply with quote

Slingstock its sound like its sling sh*t time.
Portland
503-246-6646

G.Reed

Since 30 Jul 2006
51 Posts

PostSat Jun 06, 09 10:56 am    Bridge of the Gods Reply with quote

There is still The Bridge of the Gods Kiteboarding Festival as always. Only this year, you can camp at the Fairgrounds for cheap, listen to live music, eat good food and ride the winch if you're into it.

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostSat Jun 06, 09 2:39 pm     Reply with quote

I dont know what the bitching is about. Bridge of the Gods is still there and the same. Slingshot is just trying to add some extra variety and options for folks. Sounds to me like a kick ass event is going to get even better.

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1249 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostSat Jun 06, 09 7:45 pm     Reply with quote

I hear they're known for putting on lame parties... Wink

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostSun Jun 07, 09 10:31 am     Reply with quote

I just want to take a moment to recognize Steve (blancoh2o) for all the hard work he puts in to organize this event FOR FREE. Steve is a CGKA board member, and an incredible asset to this community.

carolb

Since 04 Nov 2006
590 Posts
Stevenson, WA in the summer, SPI in the winter
Bolstad Clan

PostSun Jun 07, 09 12:15 pm    BOG name and tiki party Reply with quote

The de-emphasis on the traditional "Bridge of the Gods" name is difficult for many so maybe it should be advertised as Bridge of the Gods/Slingstock.

As I see it, Slingstock is just organzing the night events and adding the wakeboarding which is great enteratinment. I hope some good wakeboarders come and it also will be good to finally use the pond in the park. Expanding the night events and parties to an area where everyone can camp out, drink, have entertainment, and not drive is a great idea and always was Rene's vision. In the past we have had over 100 people at our BOG tiki party and driving afterwards certainly is a concern.

As for the BOG tiki party, we're flexible and looking for another night/event and considering the night before or after the Blow-out. Also, July 4th has been mentioned because of the sand bar being closed for the fireworks. Any thoughts or date suggestions? "Blow-out Tiki Party"? - Name seems appropriate.

Thanks Slingy, Steve and all those who will be organizing this.

shymac

Since 20 Jul 2005
919 Posts
Home Valley, Wa.
Bigfoot

PostMon Jun 08, 09 2:05 pm     Reply with quote

Hey look at the bright side if there is no wind you can wake UP!

Camp, eat, beer garden, dance, chill, ect... With all the bitchin I'm reading it seems like this event is "set up" for a good time, even with the buzz kill attitudes... What more do you want? strippers... HA!@ yes please...

Good vibes please?
 Good vibes please?  11.jpg 

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 08, 09 2:51 pm     Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
I just want to take a moment to recognize Steve (blancoh2o) for all the hard work he puts in to organize this event FOR FREE. Steve is a CGKA board member, and an incredible asset to this community.

Hey I just want to add my feelings on the topic.
For many years renee hanks did a great job making this a fun and enjoyable event, with plenty of sponsors like slingshot and dakine.
steve and the other two contributors, gary and dave, had big shoes to fill and did very well with the event last year.
Last year I felt that was the best ever with a fun filled weekend.
they introduced the photo/video contest, which made for an extraordinary turnout of both riders and photogs.
the bolstad parties, well they are always epic...
I really liked how they had other stuff planned for light wind conditions, like the SUP races, but fortunately wind was good.
Nothing wrong with have some diversity in the event. more power to them.
if you don't prefer the wake or other stuff. no prob, just don't attend it and go hang out at the stevie launch instead.
I just know that it's going to be one of the biggest and best weekends in the Gorge.

Thanks slingstock organizers for making this weekend possible.

looking forward to cooking breakfast again,
stringy

MIXWELL

Since 10 Mar 2007
496 Posts
LGP COUGAR HUNTING ChEETO SLAYER
Windmixer

PostTue Jun 09, 09 11:53 am     Reply with quote

I for one have to agree with Forrest completely, things in life are ever changing and I'm pretty sure things will continue to change with time. History shows this best Exclamation I think evolution of the sport and event should be seen as a positive and something for all to look forward to. If your bitching your probably TOO OLD! If you dont like it take the day off and go WINDSURF Laughing Laughing Laughing
Slingstock is going to be the Sh!t!!!!!!!! so shut up and ENJOI Twisted Evil Exclamation

chanson

Since 31 Jan 2006
1873 Posts
WISCONSIN
Chimey

PostTue Jun 09, 09 12:24 pm     Reply with quote

yeah, sounds pretty cool to me..

hey,
any winching or sliders gonna be set up in the flat water by the campground...? or is that where all wake stuff is already going...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: